Monday, February 13, 2012

A Day at the Races








Frankly, the idea of going to a motorcycle racetrack was never very high on my Weekend To-Do list before. But when Ogrix offered me to go with him and his sister to see an old biking buddy of his, I knew there wouldn't be any better occasion than this. So off we went, he and Maribel on his BMW R100 and me on my RE Bullet.

As soon as we got there, I could hear the motorbikes whizzing by. Fast. Really really fast. So fast that, as they whizz by, you're left waiting a beat for the inevitable sound of a big crash. My hair stood on end.
Luckily there were no crashes or any other trouble. The "kids" on the track were amateurs out for a day of fun. Lots of milling about in the boxes, the amount of testosterone in the air only exceeded by the amount of adrenaline in their bloodstreams.
It was all in all very exciting, an experience I never thought I'd enjoy, and now I'm looking forward to seeing a real race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Feel free to leave comment on a post or thread or suggest something of your own.

Deja tus comentarios y recomendaciones, me interesa leer los que opines.