Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rev'it Winter Gloves: warm hands, cold heart?

The cold hands, warm heart had gone too far. Besides, my original gloves ("Best" brand) I bought 4 years ago for my Kymco scooter were getting rather pungent inside.
Not good. So I scoured the net (i.e., I googled "winter motorcycle gloves") and pondered the possibilities.
After much soul-searching and doubt, I decided NOT to get heated grips for my Enfield. Even though they could be a 50€ solution, I still think my Balita Roja's whole electric system is a little too shaky to put up with that kind of hanky-panky.
So I watched the product comparison video at the Revzilla website.

Aside from gaping shamelessly at that guy's biceps, I saw there were differences in gloves I should be paying attention to.

I figured they'd be cheaper in the States, so when Javi and I were in Philadelphia visiting my brother for the New Year, it seemed like a good idea. Lo! and Behold! It turns out Revzilla is actually based on Philly and has a showroom there. SO off we went.
No, Anthony the Biceps was not on duty, but a nice biker chick sales girl patiently showed my their whole arsenal of hand shoes, as the Germans call gloves.

The Alaska model by Rev'it seem top of the line, and have features I like a lot: protections on the back and side, reflective bits, full gauntlet with two velcro straps, one up at the wrist to really seal it tight.
The down side was the price. I paid $189 plus tax, which was about 155€ in total. But I found out when I got back to Madrid that they are available here for 129€, tax included.
Gonna have to do more comparative shopping awareness classes or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Feel free to leave comment on a post or thread or suggest something of your own.

Deja tus comentarios y recomendaciones, me interesa leer los que opines.